Friday 25 March 2016

Grasshopper mind

My writing buddy has the exactly opposite approach to writing from me. This is what I mean: she is focused, plunging herself mind and soul into the WIP. Me? I wish...or, I think I do. I have the sort of mind that's always thinking of B when I should be doing A. So, even though, Swallow Hall and the finishing of it should be at the forefront of my mind, I find myself spinning off in other directions. I have just thought of a story which might suit one of the Womag's and I also saw an opportunity to do a short piece for the Daily Telegraph. But, how can I not be like this? I mean the idea for the article came from something that was in the news and for this sort of thing you can't hang about - topicality is key...I reckon we are what we are when it comes to writing style but sometimes I would wish to be more single-minded and focused!

No comments:

Post a Comment