Saturday 19 March 2016

Swallow Hall Murder

Swallow Hall Murder is the 4th book in the Edith Horton series. I never set out to write a series although that's hard to remember now. Everything changes as you progress into the life of your main characters. Here are some of the things I've learned so far:
- you forget some names and confuse them!
-weird developments happen while you aren't looking
-character traits intensify and become more important as you go along
-you don't always know the regular characters who insist on asserting themselves in the stories
-you get irritating fixations on relationships forming between characters or, alternatively, killing off a regular character
- you can't wait to start on a new series but are reluctant to say goodbye to this one.

I think I have reached that point. My intention was to write seven books in the Edith Horton series (when I realised there was going to be more than one book. Now, I am thinking a little about the fifth book and about approaching  the series end - and I'm not all that sure I'll want to say goodbye to Edith, Archie, Henry, Julia, Hannah and the rest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment